Sunday 7 November 2010

24. Al-Muizz – Self Esteem

Suggests exaltation, honor, certainty, strength --- 'Live in
terms of your strong points. Magnify them' TS Elliot 


Poise
Hey feet!
Two pins!!
What tricks?
Bedrock
the fact

your strong
aplomb
toddles
me on
so long.

Brother

I looked into my brother’s eye
and saw a tree there waving.
I passed beyond a garden gate
and heard a mountain calling.
I walked a long a stony path
and tasted waves a–spraying.
I looked into my brother’s eye
and felt a fire – burning.

Deep beyond the black, black sky,
I looked into my brother’s eyes
and saw myself there waving.

Trust

I jump on a train
but every seat’s full;
I buzz up and down
like an ant in an anthill

looking for my place;
trying, trusting god,
but every gaze avoids
my eyes, my eager face

and, deep inside, I pray,
pacing like a dad.
that I will find a friend
that, if I trust today,
a gap will open, smile;
my heart is thudding still.

1 comment:

  1. Both poems are good but the one on trust is particularly effective. Trust is something that we all search for but rarely find. Hopefully someday we can change that.

    ReplyDelete