Sunday 7 November 2010

25. Al-Mudhill – the Degrader

Suggests reduced, led astray, division, diversity ---
“So vast is art, so narrow human wit” Pope 


Self Pity on a train

On a grey winter’s day, this cold’s no joke!
I’m on my way into the Smoke
where clouds won’t break, the sun won’t show her face.
No one speaks, there’s no embrace.

So, what is this grieving for a body’s loss?
In the end, I’ll get my sweet release from pitch and toss

but now it’s time to sow some seeds –little deeds.

2D or not 2D
I dream of old an old man in a boater
sailing East to West across a page

and, when I turn the paper, well, he floats there,
a silhouette, a china man, serene.

I dream a rocket takes off into space-time,
climbs across the page from South to North;

black, these silhouettes, like paper puppets
long to turn their souls into 3D.

Dot and Dash
Nothing’s
so
disgusting
as
one
comma
in
the
wrong,

place
AND
overuse
of
exclamation
marks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment