Saturday 6 November 2010

58. Al-Mubdi - Individuation


Suggests originator, creator, evolution --- 'To be
nobody-but-yourself in a world that is doing its best,
night and day, to make you everybody but yourself' ee cummings
 

What's Missing?
When young, a poet doesn’t tend to use
the letter z, denying all zig-zag,
and holding back the power of his muse.

It’s like he never takes it from that bag
containing creativity and love

but, one fine day, he starts to sacrifice;
- ease his pen – and then his nibs can buzz.   

Click, click,click,click

Knock, knock! Who's there?

Clickety click,
behind a door.
I’m glad
that door is closed
between a pecking sound
and me - for sure
that sound is not for me – knock, knock -

because if I crack open
the little door’s edge, I will surely want to change
whatever’s lurking there

and it may turn myself, or me,
into more of what I am
or whatever I could be.

2 comments: