Saturday 6 November 2010

80. Al-Tawwab – Rhythm



Suggests return, repent, attune, good – 'To create
a little flower is the labour of ages' William Blake


Habits
I smack
the same ball
at the same wall.
Numbskull!

My version
of what’s in front
is a blinkered person
marching, drunk.

I’m a disgrace:
today I caught
a grayling fish,
lost my rainbow trout.

Apart from this,
I do exist;
remembering
a little bliss.

Turn
Somewhat like an old sunflower

I conned a bee the livelong day
and dark the night and tossed was i,

tossed and bowed in empty heart,
battered by windstorm head to root;

humbled by the night, i become
a face-turn now towards the sun.

2 comments:

  1. God's face in us is like a sunflower. It grows and sprouts in its own time...shining... warmly in us as His presence gives us promises of future overwatching and protection from him for our souls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful Poem John :)

    ReplyDelete